How to Get Rid of Whiteheads
- Grind a handful of blanched almonds. Take two tablespoons of this paste and a tablespoon of pure honey (preferably manuka honey) and a little lemon juice. Exfoliate your skin with this almond and honey facial scrub and wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of honey in two tablespoons of oatmeal. Heat the mixture slightly in a microwave. Apply it on your face and after 20 minutes, remove it with lukewarm water to clear blocked pores. Instead of honey, you can combine oatmeal with plain yogurt, too. After exfoliation, wrap an ice cube in a piece of cotton cloth and run it over your face. It helps close the pores.
- Regularly apply a cleanser, followed by deep cleansing pore strips to reduce whiteheads by pulling away the buildup dirt and sebum. It can help treat mild acne as well. Plus, you may use facial cleansers containing alpha hydroxyl acids and salicylic acid.
- Application of an over-the-counter treatment containing at least 5% benzoyl peroxide inhibits acne growth by killing the bacteria and exfoliates dead skin. Thus, it is often recommended for healing whiteheads. After applying this remedy, though, make sure moisturize your face lightly as benzoyl peroxide tends to dry out your skin. Follow this treatment two times in a day for about four to six weeks. Antibiotics are used at times, but most antibiotics are not effective in preventing as well as curing whiteheads.
- There is also the option to consult a dermatologist or skin care specialist and get your whiteheads extracted by an expert. An instrument called whitehead extractor is used for this purpose.
Tips to Prevent Whiteheads
- When dealing with whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, etc. it is advised to avoid using greasy makeup and skin care products. So, you should opt for water-based, non-comedogenic products.
- Consistent cleaning of the skin is extremely important for preventing and controlling problems like acne, whiteheads, and blackheads in oily skin. Therefore, wash your face two times in a day with a soap-free face wash.
Dos and Don’ts
|Do exfoliate your skin two to three times in a week but do not exfoliate too much as it may contribute in causing whiteheads.||Do not squeeze or pop your pimples and whiteheads as it can spread the bacteria.|
|Do keep your hands off your face as the bacteria and dirt on your hands can worsen the whiteheads.||Do not forget to remove your makeup at night as it can clog the pores if left on the skin overnight.|
|Do drink adequate amount of water throughout the day o stay hydrated and aid in detoxification.|
← Previous Story How to Get Rid of Acne Scars