How to Get Rid of Excessive Sweating on the Face
Apart from your armpits, back, and legs, your face too, can be prone to excessive perspiration, which can be particularly embarrassing in public scenarios.
When your face is embellished with beads of sweat it makes you feel more self-conscious rather than confident.
In medical terms, excessive perspiration is referred to as hyperhidrosis.
When it extends to the back of the neck, forehead, and back, then it is known as craniofacial hyperhidrosis but it is usually rare.
It can be caused by conditions like Parkinson’s disease, heart disease, malignant tumors, thyroid disorders, etc. Facial perspiration can also be triggered by emotional stress. Simply sweating more than other people due to heat or exertion, however, is not necessarily hyperhidrosis.
How to Get Rid of Excessive Facial Sweating
Here are 7 ways to reduce facial perspiration.
- Consume two teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar mixed with the same amount of honey on a regular basis to control excessive sweating. Take this mixture three times in a day, preferably half an hour prior to a meal. Apart from controlling perspiration, it shall also help you lose excess weight.
- Soak a cotton ball in witch hazel tincture, extract, or oil and apply a thin layer of the solution on your to eliminate excessive sweating. Witch hazel has astringent properties and acts as a natural antiperspirant. Avoid applying this solution in excess, though, as it can dry your skin.
- Aloe vera juice has a soothing and cooling effect on your skin. In addition, it regulates excessive sweating caused by heat. In fact, it can work as a quick fix to prevent facial perspiration for a couple of hours. Aloe vera benefits in dealing with sunburn, rosacea, wrinkles, age spots, and oily skin, too. In case you do not have aloe vera juice then you can dilute aloe vera gel in water before applying it on your face.
- Drink fresh tomato juice daily for one week. Then, consume it every other day. This natural therapy is highly beneficial in controlling excessive sweating. Wheatgrass juice and buttermilk are also considered good in this regard.
- Sage tea works as a great natural cure for excessive sweating because it contains high levels of tannic acid which works as a natural astringent. So, you can drink two cups of sage tea for at least one week to see encouraging results. To prepare sage tea, boil a teaspoon of dried or two teaspoons of fresh sage leaves in a cup of water for about 10 minutes. You may take sage extract as well. In addition, you can soak this herb in water for a day or two and apply the resultant infusion on your face.
- Acupuncture can help treat excessive facial and scalp sweating, whether it is caused by stress or autoimmune disorders. It works by regulating over-stimulated nerves. A qualified acupuncturist is likely to use this therapy in conjunction with herbal medicine.
- Clinical-strength antiperspirants and facial wipes too, can be used to get rid of excessive facial perspiration. Besides, you may opt for topical aluminum chloride or aluminum salts to help plug up the sweat glands. Before using any of these products on your face, it is suggested to consult your doctor first.
Tips to Prevent Excessive Facial Sweating
- Staying away from tea, coffee, and other caffeinated beverages is one of the best ways to prevent and control excessive sweating because they work as stimulants. Rather, drink soothing herbal teas or opt for decaffeinated drinks such as decaf green tea. Avoid the intake of alcohol, too.
- Pay attention to your diet so that it creates less heat in your body. Consider switching your usual cooking oil with olive oil as it is easy to digest. Moreover, it helps lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels. Plus, limit your consumption of foods like onions and garlic as they create more body heat and are often associated with body odor due to their pungent smell. In case you are prone to excessive sweating due to emotional triggers, then include calcium-rich foods like milk, yogurt, cheese, etc. in your diet because calcium helps your body deal with anxiety and stress.
- Reduce excess weight because being overweight or obese promotes excessive sweating.
Dos and Don’ts
|Do drink plenty of water throughout the day as it dissipates heat and lowers the internal body temperature.||Do not consume extremely hot and spicy foods as they contribute in increased sweating.|
|Do add a few drops of a natural extract like witch hazel, tea tree oil, calendula flower extract, etc. in your bath water for washing your face.||Do not wear dark-colored clothes and heavy materials.|