How to Get Rid of Crow’s Feet
Fine lines and wrinkles around eyes are aptly referred to as Crow’s Feet. They usually appear on your skin around mid to late 30s.
These wrinkles, however, are not deep, the reason being that the skin surrounding your eyes is not thick due to the absence of a layers of fatty tissue underneath.
The fatty tissue keeps your skin tight and firm. Thus, it stretches out the fine lines. So, lack of delicate fatty tissues makes your crow’s feet more noticeable on the thin skin.
Besides, squinting too much and habitual facial expressions contribute in causing wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes. In addition, they can be caused by factors like photo-aging due to exposure sunlight, depletion of skin elastin and collagen with increasing age, and the habit of sleeping on the side.
How to Get Rid of Crow’s Feet
Given below are 7 solutions to help you combat with crow’s feet.
- Massaging your forehead and the area around the eyes can help diminish crow’s feet by strengthening the muscles. You can first massage the forehead gently from left to right and then in circular motion. Massage in this way for about 30 seconds.In addition, you can take up simple eye exercises. For example, open your eyes wide for about three seconds and then close them for three seconds. Repeat this exercise 10 times in a day.You can try facial yoga as well. Check out this video demonstrating two easy exercises for wrinkles around eyes and toning the muscles around the upper eyelid.
- Egg whites facilitate skin tightening and hence, reduce wrinkles. You can prepare an egg white mask by whisking an egg white and apply on your face, especially around the eyes. When it dries, spread another layer. Finally, remove the mask after 15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Mash an avocado and mix a few drops of sweet almond oil in it. Spread this mixture on your face, particularly around the eyes. Leave for about 20 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- Topical retinoids such as Retin-A and other retinoid creams can be helpful in healing wrinkles, fine lines, and visible signs of sun damage as they stimulate collagen production and increase skin hydration.In fact, eye creams or serums containing retiol and peptides can prove beneficial in reducing Crow’s feet as both have age-reversing properties.
- Over-the-counter products such as eye creams containing glycolic acid are considered good for minimizing wrinkles and crow’s feet because it has an exfoliating effect which sloughs off old skin cells and encourages the formation of smooth skin. You can also add about 2-5% glycolic acid in your moisturizer. Besides, glycolic peels are excellent for enlarged pores and age spots, too.
- Fight off free radical damage and stimulate collagen production by rubbing raw papaya around your eyes because it is rich in vitamin C. Furthermore, papaya contains an enzyme called papain that exfoliates the skin and promotes skin tightening.
- Treatment with wrinkle fillers like collagen fillers and hyaluronic acid injections can be used to get rid of crow’s feet and sagging skin. Besides, other cosmetic procedures like laser resurfacing, microdermabrasion, etc.
Tips to Prevent Crow’s Feet
- Reducing and avoiding sun damage plays an important role in preventing Crow’s feet. Hence, wear a sunscreen with SPF 30 or more at least 20 minutes before going out in the sun to protect your skin.
- Regular mositurization is also useful in preventing this problem. Moreover, keeping the skin moisturized (not oily, though) shall help your Crow’s feet appear less obvious. For instance, you can use vitamin E oil or almond oil daily at night for moisturizing the skin, retaining elasticity, and regenerating skin cells.
- In terms of makeup, you can use a temporary measure to hide Crow’s feet by applying a primer containing silica or silicone to fill in the lines and make your skin appear smooth. Follow up with a concealer to make the under-eye area to make the under-eye area appear bright. In addition, it conceals dark circles.
Dos and Don’ts
|Do wear sunglasses, preferably the ones with thick sides.||Do not forget to take off your eye-make before going to sleep.|
|Do take frequent breaks when working on a computer to give rest to your eyes because the eyes squint when they are tired.||Do not watch television in a dark room as it puts strain on the eyes.|
|Do take a nutritious diet and drink adequate amount of water to maintain healthy skin and retain moisture.||Do not watch television in a dark room as it puts strain on the eyes.|
|While sleeping, do lay on your back rather than side to avoid eye crinkles.|